Donations in cash or kind are welcome at Prayas
- Donations to Prayas are exempt under 80G of Income Tax Act
- Cheques/DD in Indian Rupees to be drawn in the name of ‘Prayas’.
- Cheques/DD in Foreign Currency to be drawn in the name of ‘Prayas FC’.
- For Donations above Rs.10000/-, donors are requested to kindly provide a letter of intent and photocopy of their PAN card.
Some Schemes for Donations
1. Support ART medicines for children
- Support a child on first line ART for a year – INR 12000/-
Cost to Prayas for first line ART is about Rs.1000/month/child.
- Support a child on second line ART for a year - INR 24000/-
Cost to Prayas for second line ART is about Rs.2000/month/child.
2. Support the diagnostic and prognostic tests of HIV infected children. Cost per test
- DNA PCR – Rs.1500/-
- CD4 testing – Rs.500/-
- RNA PCR – Rs.2500/-
- Genotyping – Rs.7500/-
3. Support DNA PCR testing for HIV exposed infants
Prayas provides early infant diagnosis using DNA PCR to all infants born to HIV infected women registered in the PMTCT program free of cost. Early detection of HIV in infants helps in starting treatment early and thus reduces morbidity and mortality and helps in achieveing desired developmental milestones. Cost to Prayas for DNA PCR testing is Rs.25000/month.
4. Support CD4 testing for HIV infected pregnant women
All HIV infected pregnant women getting registered in the Prayas PMTCT program are provided with free CD4 testing. This test helps in determining the stage of the disease. Appropriate medicine regimens to prevent HIV transmission to the child are decided based on this CD4 report. Each year, we register around 150 HIV infected pregnant women in the program. Cost to Prayas for CD4 testing is Rs.75000/year.
5. Support HIV Testing for Pregnant Women (Donate in cash or kind)
Provide support for purchasing HIV test kits. These tests would be provided free of cost to pregnant women coming to Prayas PMTCT sites. Cost to Prayas for HIV testing of pregnant women is Rs.45000/month.
6. Support for Dissemination of Information (Donate in cash or kind)
Prayas has created a variety of easy to comprehend educational materials. These materials are distributed to pregnant women and HIV infected individuals free of cost. Average cost to Prayas for printing of educational materials is around Rs.31000/month.
7. Cervical cancer prevention
We provide cervical cancer screening and treatment of cervical cancer precursors to women at affordable costs. Any donations for this effort will be used for upgrading the facility, improve awareness and screening coverage.