PEG is looking for a bright, young, and motivated candidate to work on coordination of PEG’s remote monitoring initiatives (ESMI and eMARC) and related data analysis.
Electricity Supply Monitoring Initiative (ESMI) is Prayas (Energy Group)’s initiative aimed at monitoring the quality of power supply at a few hundred locations across the country.
Monitoring and Analysis of Residential Electricity Consumption (eMARC) is Prayas (Energy Group)’s which provides insights on electricity consumption in Indian homes from a selected sample of households and appliances. This data is recorded by advanced IoT metering systems.
To know more about ESMI and eMARC, please visit: www.watchyourpower.org
The research associate will coordinate device deployments, device installation at locations (includes travel to different states), regular data monitoring and management, data analysis and reports preparation. The individual is also expected to work with specially designed software to manage devices and data.
Requirements for the Position
An ideal candidate should:
• Have a Post Graduate or Graduate degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical) with good academic background
• Have a strong analytical skills and some work experience, preferably with a research / social organization
• Have an aptitude for numbers and multitasking
• Have competency in MS Excel, databases, and web based software
• Be keen to work on challenging social and developmental issues
• Be preferably less than 30 years of age
The person will be based in Pune. Initial period requires considerable traveling across different states in India.
PEG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates irrespective of sex, religion and caste. PEG also encourages an informal and democratic work culture. PEG is a cycle-friendly work-place and quite a few people pedal to office regularly.