The RERC published the Draft Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission Terms and Conditions for Determination of Tariff) Regulations, 2019 for public comments and suggestions. PEG submission on the draft regulations to be applicable for the control period FY 2019-20 to FY 2023-24 focuses on the following key issues:
- MYT process, frequency of tariff revision.
- Mechanism for gain and loss sharing, definition of controllable and uncontrollable factors.
- Principles for determination and escalation of operations and maintenance related costs.
- Compliance with the revised environmental norms and regulations along with data formats for easy monitoring of the same.
- Comments and suggestions for determining fuel price for thermal projects based on captive coal mines.
- Comments and suggestions for better demand estimation and power procurement planning in the face of uncertainties.
- Improved energy accounting in order to estimate losses more efficiently, especially with increase in sales migration, proliferation of distribution franchises and short term/renewable energy procurement.
- Price cap and regulatory vetting of fuel surcharge.
- Data formats on power procurement, sales migration, subsidy and fuel surcharge to improve transparency and accountability.
Submission is attached below.